• Believe and operate in the idea that birth is a natural physiological, well-designed, and safe process both at home and in the hospital
• Offer respect for the parents right to decide what is best for themselves based on accurate, objective and complete information
• Understand that birth is a holistic process encompassing the body, mind and spirit of the mother and the baby
• Offer Families/Clients Evidence-Based Care and Education
• Respectful of other professionals in the Birth Community
• Work honestly, representing themselves truthfully in the community
• Willing to refer clients that are not a match to other Professionals
• Help promote awareness of the Pregnancy Project to the general public
• Attend at least one (1) Pregnancy Project meeting a year
* If you’ve worked with a member and feel they have not met these standards, please contact us to let us know.
Please remember: We encourage you to seek Baby & Birth Professionals, Businesses & Organizations who support your personal philosophy. Pregnancy Project does not endorse or recommend Birth Professionals, but instead lists Birth Professionals who are aligned with the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative (MFCI) and agree to our Standard of Practice. Pregnancy Project does not guarantee the Birth Professionals information contained in this guide and does not check the validity or accuracy of credentials including, but not limited to, certifications, licenses or training of any listed Birth Professionals. There are variations in the philosophies and practices of the Birth Professionals listed. It is the responsibility of each consumer to verify the credentials of Birth Professionals and we always encourage consumers to interview Birth Professionals in order to find the care that is right for each individual and family.